Sunday, May 23, 2010

gorillaz • plastic beach

I really like the Gorillaz 2001 debut album. I remember it came out around the time of the September 11 attacks. The "Clint Eastwood" track magically lifted spirits in the workplace or while driving with it's dub, hip hop, alternative rock, electro pop beat. They were cool. They mixed things up. I hadn't heard anything like that before. Since then though I hadn't paid much attention to them.

When I realized Yukimi Nagano from Little Dragon is featured on two of the tracks on the new album, Plastic Beach, I was really intrigued. Empire Ants is really worth listening to, particularly the end. However, my favorite songs on the album are Rhinestone Eyes and especially, Welcome to the World feat. Snoop Dogg.

I noticed my sister posted "Rhinestone Eyes" on her Facebook. The lyrics are really good. I thought it was neat that we shared that. Also, Athen has taken a special liking to "Welcome to the World." Although, I believe it's because I told him Snoop Dogg sang in the song. He thought his name was hilarious!

Almost a decade later, in a different present of uncertainty, the Gorillaz are back and making me groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment