Friday, May 14, 2010

the birthday party

Athen (photo: kim gray)
Athen wanted a superhero birthday party this year. I planned a few games to play in the back yard. I have fond memories of playing the spiderweb game for my 5th and 6th birthday parties. I thought it fit the Spiderman theme really well for Athen's superhero idea. John set it up. The prize was a superhero pez.
The spiderweb obstacle course.
Elliot, Athen & Ailor (photo: kim gray)
Asher loved climbing around the web! He's getting to be such a big boy...
(photo: kim gray
)
We tried to play musical chairs, but the kids just wanted to dance!
After the dancing was done, we ate Batman birthday cake. Gamma sent a pull spiderman pinata that I filled with bouncy balls and bubble gum. Each child got a superhero pin back button too. It was a pretty successful party. No melt downs. Only 1 broken toy. The weather was perfect, which completely made up for last year...hurray!!! (I'm so glad it's over...!)

1 comment:

  1. really beautiful, hannah... especially this last photo. and my hannah and i love Athen's hair in the dancing photo! xox

    ReplyDelete