Wednesday, January 13, 2010

mix tape

This is a collage piece I made for an "album cover." The record sleeve is from and old Dave Brubeck 7 inch. The illustrations I cut out were off of a promo poster I found in the "Free" bin at Easy Street Records in Queen Anne.

One of the bands featured on my "mix tape" is a Swedish band called, Little Dragon. An unusual combination of American R&B, electronica and 80's pop/new wave...I can't get enough. Asher won't stop dancing to the Machine Dreams album. His bottom starts bouncing as soon as the first song starts to play...any music that makes him dance, is my favorite kind of music.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so lame. I didn't realize you made the album cover! Forgive my lameness. I love it! I assumed it was an album cover as is. So you know it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album cover reproduces here beautifully. I agree with the above post. If I didn't know you did it I'd have assumed it was done "professionally" long ago. And that is a lame assumption because you are a professional. Not many know how good you are...Anyway, I can just picture Asher's bottom bopping to the beat and that mental image warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete